Hey there! If you love texture and all things chunky, then this pattern is for you! This is the first time ever I've worked with thick and thin yarn, but I think I'm in love <3 <3 <3. I was browsing the internet...okay let me rephrase- I was shopping for yarn online even though I was supposed to be on a yarn diet, and stumbled upon this brand of yarn on www.michaels.com. Its called 'La Lana Del Cigno Nero Flora' Yarn. There weren't any reviews on it yet, but it had a pretty name and its Italian so I said why the hell not?! I gave it a try, posted the pic on Instagram and you guys loved it! So here's the pattern for it. Its really simple and easy if you're familiar with the basics of crochet.
This pattern is written for an average adult sized woman's head. It can be easily adjusted for smaller/larger sizes. The Craft Yarn Council has valuable information on sizing ranging from infant to adult (www.craftyarncouncil.com).
What you'll need are the following:
- 2 balls of La Lana Del Cigno Nero Flora Yarn
- 10mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker (optional)
Terminology (US Terms)
- Chain - ch
- Single Crochet - sc
- Slip Stitch - sl st
- Back Loop Only - blo
- Half Double Crochet - hdc
- Single Crochet Two Together - sc2tog
- Skip - sk
- Ch 7. Sc in 2nd ch from hook to the end (6sc)
- *Ch 1 and turn. Sc in blo of each stitch across to the end.* (6sc)
- Repeat from * to * until band reaches approximately 18 inches unstretched. You can adjust the band to be shorter/longer for desired circumference.
- Fold band in half so short ends match up and sl st together.
- Turn band on the right side so seam is on the inside.
- Row 1: Ch 1. Sc in each space around the long edge of the band (approx 44 sc). Sl st at the top of ch 1 to join.
- Row 2: Ch 2. Hdc in each stitch around. Join with sl st at the top of ch 2.
- Rows 3- 12: Repeat row 2.
- Row 13: Ch 1. *1 Sc in next stitch, sk 1, 1 sc in following*. Repeat from * to * to end. Join with sl st at top of ch 1.
- Row 14: Ch 1. *Sc2tog in the next two stitches, 1 sc in each of the next two stitches, sc2tog in the following two stitches*. Repeat from * to * until the end. Join with sl st at top of ch 1.
- Row 15: Ch 1. *Sc2tog in the next two stitches, 1 sc in the next stitches, sc2tog in the following two stitches*. Repeat from * to * until the end. Join with sl st at top of ch 1.
Fasten off and cut about 8in tail. Turn hat on the wrong side.
Using your yarn needle, weave in and out of each sc. Pull tail to close hat. Sew gap close.
I would love to see all your pictures…please tag me if you post online!! :)
This pattern and all images are property of Talia's Crochet Creations. Alterations, copying, sharing, and selling of pattern is not permitted. This pattern is for personal use only.