- 1 ball chunky weight yarn (5)
- I used approximately 1/2 of a ball of Patons Classic Roving Wool yarn
- 6 mm crochet hook
- Stitch marker (optional to mark 1st stitch in each row)
- 1 row of 8 hdc stitches = 3 inches
- Pattern is worked in the round, chaining 2 for each row
- Ch 2 does not count as a stitch
- Pattern is worked on both the right and wrong side
Terminology (US Terms)
- Fdsc - foundation single crochet
- Sc - single crochet
- Ch - chain
- Hdc - half double crochet
- St - Stitch
- RS - right side
- WS - wrong side
- Sk - skip
- Camel Stitch; hdc in the 3rd loop. This loop is located behind /underneath the hdc stitch from the previous row when the wrong side is facing you. ( see picture below)
This pattern is designed for the average adult sized woman head. Width can be easily adjusted by chaining more or less.
Fdsc 52 or ch 52 very loosely and join with sl st.
- Row 1 (rs) Ch 2, hdc in ch 2 st and each st around. Join with sl st at top of ch 2. (52)
- Row 2 (ws) Ch 2, *sk 1, 1 hdc in following st, 1 hdc in skipped stitch* repeat around. Join with sl st at top of ch 2. (52)
- Row 3 (rs) Ch 2, hdc in ch 2 st and each st around. Join with sl st at top of ch 2. (52)
- Row 4 (ws) Ch 2, hdc in 3rd loop of hdc from previous stitch (camel stitch). Join with sl st at top of ch 2. (52)
- Row 5 - Repeat Row 1
- Row 6 - Repeat Row 2
- Row 7 - Repeat Row 3
- Row 8 - Repeat Row 4
- Row 9 - Ch 1, sl st into each stitch around. Join with sl st and fasten off (52)
Weave in any loose ends.
I would love to see your projects, feel free to tag me on Instagram (@taliacrochetcreations) and or Facebook - Talia's Crochet.
This pattern and all images are property of Talia's Crochet Creations. Alterations, copying, sharing, or selling of pattern is not permitted. This pattern is for personal use only.